Way back 1600 years in early Japan, foot spa was one of the traditional practices of the villagers using hot spring water to help relieve illnesses. It was first called “Ashiyu” in Japan. According to folk legend, a group of monks were the first to discover the healing power of hot spring after their feet were soaked in it and were healed. Soon after, foot spas became widespread in the entire country and became known to other countries around the world.
Have you heard of the Fish Spa?
Fish therapy is another traditional practice using a specific kind of fish to help cleanse and revitalize the body. The practice began in Turkey, Jordan, and Syria. They discovered a breed of fish (Garra Rufa) in hot spring waters that feed on dead skin cells. The fish has been nicknamed “doctor fish” in many fish spas due to its unique dietary habits that are beneficial to man. Today there are dozens of fish spas in Asian countries like China, Japan, and Korea.
Where is the most luxurious Fish Spa?
Kangal Fish Spring is still the most celebrated fish spas around the world. It began 1960’s by the Siva’s as a summer resort which later became popular for its fish spa. A journalist noted how it relieved symptoms of psoriasis and neodermitis in some patients. Schools of “doctor fish” eat out the plaque from the skin while patients bathe in hot water infused with Selenium. Treatment consists of a 21-day session with board and lodging for two at $5,200.
What are the health benefits of a Foot Spa?
- Promotes well-being – Boost energy levels and enhance cognitive functions.
- Faster metabolism – Increase the body’s ability to burn fat.
- Maintain a youthful glow – Feel revitalized and younger-looking.
- Strengthen immune response – You’ll less likely to experience viral infections like flu or develop allergies.
- No harmful side effects – Eliminates toxins from your body better than drugs and pills minus the side effects
- Instant relief. – Soothes your aching joints, sore muscles, and other inflammation in no time.
What are the health benefits of a Fish Spa?
- Skin rejuvenation – Shoals of fish nibble on the dead, dry skin to reveal your healthy, younger-looking skin.
- Enhance skin regeneration – Diathanol secreted by doctor fish is known for its skin-regenerating properties that help achieve youthful glow.
- Relieve skin discomforts – Centuries-old tradition made proves this treatment effective for certain skin conditions like Eczema and Psoriasis.
- Relieve tension and stress – It has a calming effect on the nerves, good for those suffering from fatigue.
Interesting Facts about Oxygen Bar