This holds true for everybody, wherever you are in the world right now. Education gives you the privilege not only to gain higher status in life, but also you will have the chance to have a better, decent life which in turn makes you more satisfied and happy. If youngsters were educated well enough, they would become the hope of the society’s future.
Recent findings from PISA (Program for International Student Assessment) showed that Shanghai students excelled in almost all subjects such as Mathematics, Science and Reading Comprehension.
Here are the top 10 countries with excellent educational training.
- Shanghai – Based on Pisa’s international education performance survey, students from Shanghai showed above average level of intelligence when it comes to Mathematics and Science, as well as Reading. It seems that they are ahead by one year among other schools across the globe in terms of learning these subjects.
- Singapore – Next to Shanghai is still an Asian country—Singapore. Students from the country ranked second in Mathematics, and third in Reading Comprehension as well as in Science. These young students are also remarkable when it comes to application of the new learned things to different situations.
- Hong Kong – Hong Kong came as the third in Mathematics, then second in Science and in Reading Comprehension based on the latest assessment conducted by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- Taiwan – Ranked third in Mathematics, seventh in Reading Comprehension, and thirteenth in Science, Taiwan made its way towards the fourth place in overall standing.
- South Korea – Despite the fact that most students come in school late, or even skip a lesson in the class, South Korea is in the fifth place.
- Macau, China – Ranked fifth in best educational performance around the world.
- Japan – Known as a country that embraces perfection, Japan ranked as the seventh among the 66 countries who participated in the assessment for global educational performance.
- Liechtenstein—Located in the borders of Switzerland, this country’s education is focused mainly on changing their Math Program and they formulated a special session (tiny classes) for students to rank high in Mathematics and win in the competition.
- Switzerland – Switzerland has been making progress since the year 2000 when it comes to their education system. Swiss students are already above average when it comes to reading comprehension, and they beat Finland (Ranked as 12th) when it comes to this category.
- Netherlands – In the field of language, Netherlands topped among other European countries. With over 66 countries participating in the assessment, to be on the tenth place is already an honor.
Education is always an important part of humanity. Even after graduating, we continue to learn—each day gives us a new opportunity to learn new things. Looking at the top 10 countries when it comes to educational performance, you can see how these young minds achieved such great level of intelligence—it all comes down to hard work, own determination and values that they bring along with them as they go on their learning journey.