Instagram is said to be the Facebook’s future closest competitor. However, just recently, Facebook has changed a lot on how we do things. It has surprised its followers and the whole social networking world by acquiring Instagram.
Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s CEO, has bought Instagram in an astounding 1 billion dollar together with its handful of employees. He was said to have only talked to Kevin Systrom of Instagram for three days, and the deal was done.
This is truly an exciting development despite the rumors that Zuckerberg is using his money to eliminate possible competitors. Instagram is only a small company with thirteen employees which would be a compliment to the Facebook team.
Zuckerberg who owns 28 percent of Instagram stock and has 57 voting rights could undeniably do pretty much what he wants. The deal was even nicknamed “instant deal.” It’s practically done without a group of lawyers and financial advisors. It’s as simple as that.
Interesting Facts about Instagram
- Instagram is unique; it is a free photo sharing program where individuals can share their photos and may apply some digital filter to it and share it to some friends.
- Instagram allows the Facebook users and followers to share their creations and their talents.
- Instagram has been known to pass ten million users in one year.
- You will never get bored with Instagram. It has raised up picture taking and viewing to another level.
- Instagram take your iPhone photos into something unique with its creative apps. This is not just photo sharing, it is also art at its best.
- The photos in the Instagram have stunning effects that will make you seem like a professional photographer in an instant.
The social media has transformed the marketing strategies of a lot of businesses in different industries. Nowadays, even prominent companies have their own social media managers that could manage their account on the social media networking sites. A lot of businesses have seen the opportunity in doing their own thing on Facebook.