Lies along the eastern and western hemispheres, the Asian continent occupies 8.6% of the total area of the world with an estimated population of 4 billion or 60% of the total world population.
Asia embraces three large regions including Central Asian Countries, West Asian Countries and South Asian Countries.
Asian countries have a variety of culture, ethnic groups, system of government, and unique history. In fact, Asia is the birthplace of all major historical spots and religions all over the world.
Asia is a continent filled, not just with astonishing landmarks, diverse culture, history and friendly people but also a place of bustling beautiful capital cities to discover.
Here are some interesting facts about the five popular travel destinations in Asia:
1. Beijing, China. The second largest city and the capital of the People’s Republic of China and home of the 2008 Olympics. Beijing is a very old city of China where almost every building bears the remnants of cultural and historical significance. Inside this old, but beautiful city of Beijing you will find yourself surprised with majestic array of temples, palaces, and the works of arts which will surely leave you speechless.
2. Tokyo, Japan. Tokyo is the most modernized and economically advanced city of Japan. It is the leading city of almost all of the international companies around the world including Mitsubishi that leads to a lot of highly paid jobs. Tokyo is also the home for some of the Japan’s tallest mountain – Mount Fuji – and a lot of steep hills and beautiful mountains.
3. Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok has the longest name for a city in the whole world. Its full name is “Krung Thep Mahanakhon Amon Rattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilok Phop Noppharat Ratchathani Burirom Udomratchaniwet Mahasathan Amon Phiman Awatan Sathit Sakkathattiya Witsanukam Prasit” or, to make it short Thai called it “Krung Thep Maha Nakhon” which simply means the “city of angels”. It is one of the most trendy and chic cities of Asia. Aside from the numerous richly decorated temples and the biggest shopping centers of Asia, Bangkok is the gateway to the numerous famous destinations, and one of the most important commercial centers all over South East Asia.
4. Singapore. The city of East Asia with more or less 5 million people. The city has an extremely strong economy because of business and approachable policies which attract multi-international corporations thriving there.
5. Luang Prabang, Laos. A visit to the place of Luang Prabang is an opportunity to dwell on peaceful houses, French Indochinese style buildings and ornate Thervada Buddhist temples. The Mekong and Khan Rivers meet in the city itself and is one of the most enchanting views for visitors arriving by boats from all over the world.
Here is a list of the major natural and man-made landmarks and historical spots in Asia:
- Great Wall of China
- Taj Mahal in India
- Tubbataha Reef in Philippines
- Mount Everest of Nepal
- Mount Fuji of Japan
- Petronas Twin Towers of Malaysia