Nowadays, numerous buildings are racing with each other to become the tallest buildings in the world. In fact, according to recent surveys, the newest or the latest buildings built are also the tallest ones and the more beauteous to look at.
Just like these top five of the rank world’s tallest buildings mentioned below. They are currently ranked according to their soaring height–from highest to lowest.
1. Burj Khalifa. It is the magnificent masterpiece found in the heart of Dubai. The building construction finished just early last year under the expertise of its chief architects Owings, Skidmore and Merrill. It is 828 meters or 2, 717 ft tall with 163 floors all in all.
2. Taipei 101 Tower found in Taipei, Taiwan. It has been constructed by Samsung Engineering and Construction under the leadership of C.Y. Lee and other architects and finished in the year 2004. Taipei was once the tallest building in the world for six consecutive years before the completion of Burj Khalifa. It is 509 meters or 1,670 feet tall where you can see the beautiful appearance of the whole city of Taipei if you reach the top of the building. Taipei 101 signifies the new icon of modern Taiwan. It is owned by the well-known Taipei Financial Center Corporation (TFCC) and is being controlled by the International partition of Urban Retail Properties Corporation from Chicago. According to them, Taipei 101 symbolizes the advancement of technology of Taiwan as well as in Asian custom.
3. Shanghai World Finance Center. It is one of the multi-function skyscrapers around the world which housed hotels, biggest shopping malls, various restaurants, offices, and conference rooms found in the base floor of this superb building. It is the best and the tallest structure in the People’s Republic of China and was the second-tallest building in the world in the year 2007. Since the Burj Khalifa soared high, Shanghai world Finance Center moved one step down from the position. SWFC soars 492 meters or 1,614 above the ground which is composed of 101 floors that provide vantage point to freely see the magnificent view of Shanghai.
4. International Commerce Center (ICC). The 4th tallest building in the world found in Kowloon, Hong Kong. Kohn Pederson Fox and other engineers and architects constructed this great skyscraper of Hong Kong. For many years, Hong Kong boasts of its International Commerce Center as one of Hong Kong’s seventeen tallest building who belong to the top 20 tallest building in the world. In fact, ICC is in the 4th rank out of numerous numbers of tallest buildings in the world.
5. Petronas Tower 1 and 2. These two buildings found in the city of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. Both of them are 452 meters or 1,483 feet above the ground. Council on Tall Buildings proclaimed Petronas Twin Towers the tallest building in the world in the year 1996. The twin towers’ stunning proportion and symmetry that captures ones eye was designed by an American architect Cesar Pelli. The design symbolizes the expressions of cultural heritage of Malaysia’s Islamic arabesques.
There are still a lot of lists of the fulfilled and superb tallest building in the world who passed the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH) but this article focuses only the top five in the rank.